Friday, December 12, 2008

(II) Experiment 2: Genetic Inheritance

HoHo~~ last week's experiment was quite chi kek~
that was the second time we had to 自残..Haha
we poked our finger to get the blood sample..

During the first experiment we poked finger,
we were studying the hypertonic, isotonic
and hypertonic effect towards the blood cells..
a bit.. that that lo~~
so, that time i let my partner to "donate" the blood~
( kinda brilliant ah me~~) hahaha

but last week's experiment,
everybody had to poke..
but, i was happy to do that,
because we were going to determine our blood group~
(coz i never know which blood type i having, so I Do) haha


after put on the lab coat,
we were going to start..
frankly lah, at first i was on the cold feet one,
because......hmm..
i would dizzy when i see blood~
no matter stagnant blood or flowing~
i remember vividly during the first blood experiment,
i got dizzy throughout the day after the experiment,
and only that time i realized that
Me, as a Biology student, girl, afraid of Blood actually!

Okay, i picked one of the lancets..
replaced the "needle"(extremely important precaution)
washed my hand and applied it with alcohol,
prepared to be poked by my "callous" partner..kakazz..
at one time, my heart was beating 100per second..
"Popp..."
hmm..the lancet was not functioning..
the needle did not popped out..
nothing happened to my finger..
"Arggggh....it made me more nervous~~
(i scare blood as well as PAIN too)=P
we claimed that our lancet can't function,to our practical teacher
however it was just that we did not insert the lancet properly..=.=""
Okay, let's start our second trial!!
"Poppp.."
it was a bit numbness on my finger tip..
not pain at all..
but..my "enthuasiastic" partner squeezed my finger
to force out the blood drops from the tiny hole..
hmm..it was painful my dear~~ T_T
can you be gentle a bit?

the first drop of blood was swept away..

yea..finally i got two sets of blood sample,
one big drop on each slide..
hmm..thought of my blood drops~
it was red indeed...cardinal red??
or water colour red..
is it healthy?=.=
i didn't know

the first slide was the A slide,
second one was the B slide..
Time to indentify my blood group!


Anti-A was added to the A slide,
Anti-B was added to the B slide..
the two samples were then stirred using the two toothpicks..
HoHo.. few moments later,
i could get know of my blood group!
I having the B blood!

no coagulation in A slide



coagulation in the B slide..



my simple blood test setup~


i thought that less people will be the O blood type,
since O allele is the recessive am i right?haha
yet, there was more than 50% of my class got the O blood..


my partner got:
O blood..no coagulation in both slides..


yea!! we got lots of donors!

but we hoped that we do not need their blood~ hehe


quite many ppl got AB blood too~



AB blood..both slides got coagulation~

the drama had misled me!

i was " inculcated" that the AB blood was a special one,
and the person having AB blood will find hard to get the donor,
but in fact they are the universal receptors not meh??
huiYo~~

when finished up the experiment,
i felt like to try once more, maybe for the thrillment?
aiyer~~am i sadism towards myself?
and, i was a bit worry~
coz i was thinking that my father A blood,
and my mother O blood..
while i was the "new genotype"..
T_T
but i still convinced that i am my father's daughter,
because he had inherited his whole face to me,
except the dimples i longing for!and the very curved nose T_T


i went back home,
i asked my Papa about his blood type,
he lent me a card ,
that was a report of his blood test..
B..
huu~~i breathed a sign of relief~
Hahaha~~

why i am not been inherited with the good genes??
i want my father's very charming dimples,
very curved nose,
very long legs,
very thin body figure,
my mother's very big breast..
very nice temper,
very good attitudes~~
why two of my brothers got my father's dimples
while i am not getting it??
one of my brothers having very nice temper,
but my another brother and me are of the bad temper one..
i think that's why we are always at the loggerheads!
i'm always in the endeavors of controlling my Ill temper
when my bad temper brother under the same roof with me,
but it always come to no avail, as well as end up with the punches...=.=

all of these are of the genetic inheritance!!
HoHo~~
actually Biology is amazing! interesting too~
and surely, chi kek!( particularly the experiment)
Let's know about ourselves by studying Biology!
( promoting biology??) haha

2 comments:

Kia Fu said...

Hi miss khor,

i was fascinated by your english. it was far from what i expected :p

stagnant.. vivid.. brilliant.. :D

the drama had misled me!
i was " inculcated" that the AB blood was a special one,
and the person having AB blood will find hard to get the donor

ok la i have to admit that you are very not pro :X even small baby also know ab most easy to get donor liao

珍麦麦 said...

aiyo~the doctor in drama always act
" ur daughter having the rare AB blood type, blood bank dun hav AB stock, anyone of u having AB blood?if yes quickly transfer to ur daughter, if not she will mati"

hahaha~~
oklah, i m small baby lor~=O
miss Khor= miss call~XD